Saturday, January 9, 2016

A Year Later

While it's been a little over a year, I want to thank everyone who has visited this blog.

When I first started I'd be lucky to get a visitor a day, but over the last year this community has grown by nearly ten times that amount. This is very reassuring, as it hopefully means that I've been making some games that you all enjoy.

Going into 2016 I plan on branching out to a few more forums. I'd love for more people to try my games, and to leave me feedback, so that I can continue to refine and improve in my work.

Now for a progress update on Cursed Heroes;

I wrote about a thousand words into the design docs for one half of the next episode, and have started working on the maps. Remember this is going to be a double episode, so no release this month. But you can look forward to the first player chosen cosmetic change to the main character. I'll try to get the sprites finalized by next week, and post them next screenshot Saturday.

Lastly about the RPG Maker MV learning project;


I've started getting a list of resources I want to use, but it'll take me creating new versions of everything. The tiles in MV are 48x48 that's a 225% increase in area over VX's 32x32 tiles. So VX's old resources just wont cut it in MV without up-scaling. To make that look good and to take advantage of the added resolution I'll need to do it manually. While this is well outside my comfort zone, and will take a lot of time, it should make me a far more well rounded RPG Maker creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment